NB Forest Festival
Upper Miramichi Forest Festival
~ Thanking Our Community ~
On Sunday, August 21st, the Rural Community of Upper Miramichi, Central NB Woodmen’s Museum and the Conservation Council of NB held the first
Upper Miramichi Forest Festival.
With over 200 people attending, we believe this was a truly successful event and one that we hope we can expand on in the years to come. It was made possible by so many people and organizations who contributed their time and energy. Special thanks goes to:
• Naturally Inspired Products (Sue Hunter & Denise Davis) for their Soap Making Demonstration.
• Rebecca Willson for her Recycling Paper display and activity.
• Wilson Family Homestead (Clarke & Nancy Wilson) for collecting the samples of NTFPs from their woodlot for our “Touch Table” display.
• Bill Griffin for his shingle making display.
• The Saplings Theatre Troop (with leader Dianne Clowater) for their hilarious new age log drive drama production. Great job kids!
• Miramichi River Runners for promoting our events and collaborating with us.
• Our small but mighty crew of vendors-Naturally Inspired Products, Wilson Family Homestead, Soulflower Herbals, Sticks & Stones Studio and Birdseye Speciality Products who came to support our festival.
• Metepenagiag Heritage Park for demonstrating traditional Native crafts and giving us a sample of traditional teas.
• Our Miramichi MP Tilly O’Neill-Gordon for lending her support to our community event.
• The ladies in the kitchen—Helen Ward, Judy Munn, Norma Munn, & Emily Beek who served up some of the best blueberry pancakes this community has had the good fortune to taste!
• Carl Hunter for building the horseshoe pits at Upper Miramichi Community Park.
• Doug Pond, Department of Local Government, for supporting our festival and official park opening.
• ChoraChroma Photographic (Michelle Davis) for capturing the day for all of us to remember.
• Fundy Model Forest for financial support and presence which helped make this day possible.
The official opening of the Upper Miramichi Community Park was also held during the festival. Our community proudly honoured the 1st Upper Miramichi Scouts with a NB Merit Award for their volunteer contributions to this community over the past 10 years. Congratulations and THANK YOU once again!